Safety signs must be used whenever a hazard or danger cannot be avoided adequately or reduced in another way. OSHA standard 29CFR 1910.146 (Permit-required confined spaces) suggests, “If the workplace contains confined spaces, the employer shall inform exposed employees, by posting danger signs of the existence and location of and the danger posed by the confined spaces.”
It also states, “A sign reading DANGER — PERMIT-REQUIRED CONFINED SPACE, DO NOT ENTER or using other similar language would satisfy the requirement for a sign.”
- Confined space signs can be made in various sizes and materials, including high-performance polyester and reflective sheeting.
- Confined Space Signs remind employees of the proper procedures and precautions to take before entering confined spaces.
- They are used as part of the manhole protection system.
- Signs for Confined Space Lockout Cover are being made and supplied in accordance with OSHA requirements with the specified OSHA / local laws, warnings to restrict the unauthorised entry.
- Customised signs in different languages, formats, sizes, captions, messages, etc., can be made and supplied on request against order.
- Reflective confined space signs for extra visibility are also available.